School Facilities in the State :
SSA provides grants to both types of schools-schools run by the Department of Education and schools supported/aided by the Department of Education. All the schools are provided with School grant, Teacher grant for preparation of teaching learning material. In addition the schools of the Department having own building are provided with school grants for repair and maintenance and grant for new Civil works.
Teaching Learning Equipment (TLE) for New Primary Schools/Upper Primary Schools
- TLE @ Rs.20,000/- per new primary school
- TLE @ Rs.50,000/- for new and upgraded upper primary schools TLE will be as per local specific context and requirement/need to be determined by the teachers/ School Committee. States to disseminate an indicative list of basic school requirements, with scope for local contextualization, after approval of State SSA Executive Committee
- Involvement of teachers and parents necessary in TLE selection and procurement
- VEC/ school-village level appropriate body to decide on best mode of procurement
- TLE Funds cannot be pooled at cluster/block/district/state level for purchase.
- Requirement of successful running of EGS centre for two years before it is considered for upgradation.
- Provision for teacher & classrooms.
- Rs.5000/- per year per primary school and Rs.7000/- per year per upper primary schools for replacement of non-functional school equipment and for other recurring costs such as consumables etc.
- The amount for Upper Primary School will include items for science laboratories and computer education requirements.
- Transparency in utilization
- To be spent only by VEC/SMC
- Primary schools and upper primary schools would be treated as separate school for the purpose of school grant even if they are functioning from the same premises.
- Rs.500/- per teacher per year in primary and upper primary
- Transparency in utilisation for low cost teaching aids.